Sunday, September 23, 2012

And then he was TWO!!

Well congratulations to me, I am 2!!

Oh how the time has flown, well that's what my Mummy & Daddy say, or should I say Baba (Mama) & Day-eeee (Daddy). Last weekend (16th September) my Day-eeee stayed a little bit longer in town so we could have a party. It was farm themed & I had a ball. Baba made a sensory farm for me and my little cousins to play in and it was awesome. I got lots of really awesome presents including a little people farm, little people car garage, trampoline, trike, scooter, helmet, tow truck, water play set, books, toys and more fun awesome things to play with! I was pretty tired at the party so I didn't want to open all the presents at the grown ups demand, but Baba covered for me and allowed me to play with the most interesting toy of the moment - the car garage.

I picked up the scooter almost straight away, but the trike is a little harder. I can get my feet to move the pedals a little bit, but Baba says that I need to keep pushing with one and then the other and it just gets all jumbled up in my head & I can't do it. I want to, but I guess I just have to keep practicing. I have finally figured out how to use the sit 'n' spin that I got last Christmas, that was a tough one, but Baba usually thinks I'm older than I am when she buys toys, she's a bit silly like that.

My talking is getting a lot better. I try and say most words, even if Baba & Day-eeee can't understand fully. I call myself 'Dee-Daa', Rylan is too hard, and I like the sound of it better. Lucy (our puppy) is Eee-eeee-eee; she always has been, and probably always will be. My best words are NO and BYEEEEE, last night I said Bub Bye, Baba was excited. I can now say the word More instead of making a high pitched noise to indicate more. That means that I can easily say no more. Every time Baba wants to change my nappy, I say 'no doo' cuz 'poo' is a little tough.

Baba took me to the library for the first time the other day. I wasn't really too interested in checking for where some good books were, but I made sure I climbed on every chair and anything accessible in the kids area. I wanted to hog the computer, but there were other kids that needed to look things up, I just wanted it for the buttons, and I wasn't too impressed when Baba took me away from there. Baba picked out a really awesome book that I love called 'Tinyrannasaurus and the Bigfootasaurus'. Its about some little dinosaurs who build a snow man that looks like Bigfoot & Bigfoot replaces the snowman when they're not looking, then he starts chasing them and then they have to save Bigfoot in the end. There is a point in the story where Bigfoot pops his head out of a pile of snow. I can see that word, point to it and say POP! Aren't I clever.

The letters of the alphabet that I 100% know: the letter O.
the numbers that I know really well: 2 & 3

When I talk at the moment my tongue gets tied & it sounds like I am saying lickalickalickalicka-day-eee's car.

I still love Mickey Mouse, but I regressed back to the Wiggles for a while. Mummy is sick of Mickey, so we are watching Dora right now, I am pretty enthralled.

Yesterday was my REAL birthday, and first Gramps came over while Baba & Grammy went to the markets, that was fun because I don't see Gramps all the time. Then Baba took me to Target and I picked out a hat, sunnies & a pair of board shorts because we were going swimming!! We then got back in the car and drove to South Bank. Its this magical wonderful place filled with fake beaches & public pools, squirty water things and is sooo much fun. I have been there before, just before Baby Chloe was born (Baba's best friend Aunty Kelly's baby) but I forgot and had to start from scratch.

At first I was a little apprehensive about running through the sprinklers, but when Baba showed me how to fling my hand through the stream, well that was it, I chased them around wherever the water went, then I walked in and out of the kiddie pool hundreds of times. I accidentally fell over and dunked my head 3 or 4 times, but Baba was always there to pull me out straight away. We had so much fun, and then we went to Freestyle Tout and had creme brulee - welllllll.....Baba did, I just dipped the biscotti into the vanilla ice-cream. Baba wasn't too upset that I didn't eat much, because it meant she got to eat the rest, no complaints there.

After we got home, we had dinner & a cuddle & I went to bed. It was a big day! Lots of people called me and sent my Baba messages to say Happy Birthday. I must say it is a  little confusing; first I have a party, then on the following Friday I have cupcakes at Daycare, and then it's my real birthday? Weird. I didn't mind though, I got extra special treatment and I was on my best behaviour (most of the time).

I'm sure there are things that I've forgotten, but we have been so busy that I just have not had time to document my life. I hope you can forgive me. I'll try and do it more regularly from now on.

Well, until next time, BYEEEEEEEE
- Rylan (penned by Baba)

No comments:

Post a Comment